Are you a great learner but a poor implementer?
You can learn and learn and learn until your brain is completely full. However, until you put what you learn into action, you will never see the results.
Growing a business often requires stepping out of your comfort zone. For many business owners, this means putting your learning into action.
Maybe this sounds familiar:
- You are drawn to any type of new shiny object that comes your way
- You spend many of your days reading, learning, and searching for the ‘right’ information
- Your brain feels like it is on information overload and ready to explode
- You are spinning your wheels and more confused than ever
Nobody said growing a business would be easy. There are many days when we all feel like throwing in the towel. But are you really doing everything you can to make your business a success?
Often, as business owners, especially small business owners, we spend endless hours learning–trying to make sure everything is perfect. When all we really need to do is take action. Without any type of action, you will stay right where you are.
Taking action on what you learn is sometimes the most intimidating step in success. Doing things differently and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is scary, uncomfortable, and at times paralyzing. However, if you don’t push yourself through it, I can guarantee you will never see the results you desire.
3 Steps to Pushing Yourself Out of Your Comfort Zone
1. Breathe. This is often the most overlooked step in pushing yourself forward. Of course you are breathing, but how are you breathing? Right now take a deep breath, one that comes from the bottom of your belly. Slowly breathe in and fill your lungs completely. Now, let it out just as slowly. Notice the difference? When you are feeling scared or unsure, take several of these breaths to bring yourself back to calmness.
2. Focus. Chances are you’ve spent a lot of time learning, so the information you have is abundant. If you are feeling overwhelmed on where to start, pick one place. Is it learning how to write? SEO? Social media? Marketing? Networking? Yes all of these are important for your business, but you don’t need to do them all at once. Pick one and start there. Master it, then move on to the next.
3. Permission. Give yourself the permission to be imperfect. You don’t need to have all of your ducks in a row or have everything perfect. You are human and everyone makes mistakes. Often the greatest lessons happen from our mistakes. Give yourself permission to make them and to learn from them. Everything will be okay. Take imperfect action to make your vision come to reality.
Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is part of becoming a successful business owner. Regardless of how far along you are in your business journey, this feeling will occur again and again. It is best to learn how to deal with it now, because this is where the magic happens!
Go for it!
P.S. We would love to hear how you push yourself out of your comfort zone. Leave us a comment below and share it with us. As always feel free to share this post with your family and friends, in fact we love it when you do.